Scope support

Shaped pieces of 60 thou plastic card were added to sides of suppoer and the basic front shape

to this i added a simple lip of plastic card then a piece of plastruct tube blanked off at one end was fitted beneath the cog and a quarter inch rod at the top of it.

Seat and Base

Pieces of high density styrofoam were cut to shape for the seat sides and base sides.

At the far rear, plastic card ovals were fitted to lower pieces of card.

The half cog pattern beneath the controls are from plastic card and thin plastic strip.

The scope back panel is from 2 pieces of card, spaced with square tube for strength.

Base is a 16 inch circle of plastic card, with quarter inch evergreen strips around a 2 inch drop of plastic card.

Hands take control

Piece of plastic card was fitted to the end of the main rib section and then lower rib loops from DAS added.

Control levers from quarter inch rod with tops covered in DAS were fitted, going into 2 DAS loops shaped on each side.

Thin DAS strips were then added to the arms, running lengthwise.

Lending a hand

2 crudely shaped hands were made and fitted with a piece of brass rod.

I then worked them to shape and angled them out a bit at the top.

The lower ribs were then added and blended into the pipe in the middle.

Spare Ribs

I rolled out some DAS pieces and cut them to length, then with plenty of water I pressed them into place shaping and marking them as I went.

I did the main four each side and then a 5th one from the top one just under the chin and then almost to the top of the shoulder.

Arms and Body Meat

Pieces of 60 thou card were fitted to the side and again angled under the arms.

Das was added to the top side extensions, then blended to the inside of the arms, and then behind the shoulder and the head.

When dry, pencil lines were added to the chest area for a guide to the ribs.

Armed but not dangerous

The next step was to make 2 pieces of 5/8 inch “Plastruct” tube to copy the angle of the arms and cover the with DAS.

A piece of 8th inch brass rod was fitted in the top of each arm and super glued to the top of the angled pieces.

It starts…

It all started when I bought a skull the year before and thought it may come in useful.

I flattened the top slightly, removed the lower jaw and covered in about 6mm DAS clay.

Then elongated the rear, opened up basic eyes ears and mouth and added pip from DAS.

The triangle plastic construction was made, then laid on photos in a book to get the angle as near as possible, then 2 side extensions were added from plastic card.